Sale Stages allow you to record the key events that occur to a sale. There are four stages a sale can have:
- Seated - A sale which has been opened on a table, but none of the other Sale Stages have been triggered.
- Food Ordered - Automatically triggered when the first food item is added to the sale. A food Item is identified where the Category Group of the Item is either "Food" or "Dry".
- Mains Away - Manually triggered by the user. Optionally can print when triggered.
- Mains Served - Manually triggered by the user.
The Table Map automatically colour codes your tables based on the Sale Stage a particular table is at:You can also use Sale Stages to calculate your average service times.
Manually Triggering a Sale Stage
If you have the sale open, the Mains Away and Mains Served stages can be triggered from the table map by long holding on the table:
Printing Mains Away kitchen message
VestiPOS can automatically print a 'Mains Away' slip when the Sale Stage is triggered.
- On your iPad, sign in as a user with the Register Manager security privilege.
- Tap the 'Main Menu' icon.
- Tap the 'Printer Setup' button.
- Tap the ‘Add Printer’ button.
- In the popup dialogue, tap the ‘Next’ button.
- Enter a name to identify your printer. For example: ‘Mains Away Kitchen Slips’.
- Tap on the ‘Printer’ row. The iPad will now discover any printers connected to your network. Once it has discovered your printer, select it and tap the ‘< Back’ button.
- Set the type to ‘Order Status’.
- Press the ‘Save’ button.
- Congratulation, you have successfully configured your Order Status Printer.