OverviewYou should record any gratuity that is paid by your customers. You can manually add it for each sale or configure the system to automatically add a fixed percentage to your customer bills.
Configuring Automatic Gratuity
- Navigate to: Settings -> Hospitality -> Gratuity.
- If you wish to prompt the cashier for the number of covers at the start of each sale enable the "Track Covers" switch. This must be enabled for automatic gratuity.
- Turn the "Automatic Gratuity" switch on.
- Select the "Minimum Covers" as required. For example, you can configure the system to only automatically add gratuity for tables of 2 or more people.
- Enter the amount of automatic gratuity you wish to add in the "Gratuity Percentage" field.
- Click the "Save..." button.
Adjusting Automatic GratuityIf required you can override the automatic gratuity added to a sale. From the "Sales Screen" tap on the gratuity amount and enter the new amount in the displayed popup. Once a gratuity amount has been overridden it will not be updated if new items are added to the sale.
Manually Adding GratuityTo add gratuity to a sale which does not automatically have it:
- From the "Sales Screen" tap the "Functions" button.
- Tap the "Add Gratuity" button.
- Tap on the gratuity row in the sales list.
- Enter the gratuity amount.
- Tap the "Adjust Gratuity" button.
Converting Change to GratuityIf a customer says "keep the change" or something similar, the system can automatically record this without having to manually calculate the gratuity amount. When adding a payment tap the "Add Payment & Convert Change to Gratuity" button.
- You can view gratuity processed by a staff member in the "Staff Gratuity Breakdown" report.
- The management report shows the total gratuity processed.