OverviewUsing your DYMO label printer you can print price and barcode labels for your inventory. It's also possible to customise the table to add a company logo and website address.
- Connect your DYMO label printer via USB to your Windows or Mac computer.
- Ensure you are running the latest version of 'DYMO Label'.
- You must be running the DYMO Label Web Service.The DYMO Label Web Service is installed as long as you have installed DYMO Label Software 8.5.3 or newer using the express “Express” mode.If you choose to install DYMO Label Software in “Custom” mode, be sure to select the DYMO Label Web Service component during installation.
- Ensure your printer is powered on, connected to your computer via USB and you are running the DYMO Label Web Service.
- Navigate to: Settings -> Integrations -> Dymo -> Settings
- Select the item you wish to print the label for.
- Select the option you wish to print the label for.
- Enter the number of labels you wish to print in the 'Quantity' field.
- Click the 'Print' button.
- Your label(s) should now print.
Customising Your Label LayoutIt's possible to customise the layout of your label. For example you may wish to add your company logo or use a custom label size.
- Open the 'DYMO Label' software and design the layout of your label.
- If you wish to automatically populate data from VestiPOS, for example the price, then follow these steps:
- Add the required element to your label. E.g. a text box.
- With the element selected click on the 'Properties' button.
- Click on the 'Advanced' tab.
- Set the reference name to one of the available VestiPOS field names. E.g. ListPriceWithTaxThe following fields are available:
Note: The reference name in DYMO must exactly match the VestiPOS field name.
Field Name Object Type DescriptionItemOptionCode Text SKU of the item option.ItemOptionName Text Name of the item option.ItemName Text Name of the item.ReceiptName Text Receipt name of the item option.ListPriceWithoutTax Text Price excl. tax of the item option. ListTax Text Tax amount of the item option. ListPriceWithTax Text Price incl. tax of the item option.Barcode Barcode Barcode number of the item option.
- Press the 'Ok' button.
- Go to 'File -> Save As...' and save the label.
- Open the saved label file in your favourite text editor. We recommend using Notepad on Windows or Text Edit on macOS.
- Copy the contents of the file to your clipboard.
- In VestiPOS, navigate to: Settings -> Integrations -> Dymo
- Delete all the text in the 'Label XML' field.
- Paste in your new label text into the 'Label XML' field.
- Select an item and print a label.
- The label should use your new layout which will be saved for future printing.