We have built in support for the Socket Mobile 7 series barcode scanners. Using a barcode scanner you can quickly and accurately add items to a sale.
Connect your barcode scanner
- Power on your scanner by pressing the small power button on the top.
- Print and scan the barcode below.
- The scanner will beep 3 times to confirm it's successfully configured.
- On your iPad open the 'Settings' App.
- Navigate to the 'Bluetooth' section. Switch Bluetooth on if not already on.
- Once it has located your scanner, tap it to connect to it.
- You have now successfully connected your scanner.
- Open the VestiPOS app, sign on as a staff member and go to the main sales screen. Scan a barcode with your scanner and the item should be added to the sale. Note: You need to set the barcode field against the relevant item option in your inventory configuration.
After a period of inactivity, your scanner will go into sleep mode to conserve battery. Simply power on the scanner and within 30 seconds it should automatically reconnect and be available to use.
If you experience issues with your Socket Mobile scanner, follow the steps below to reset your scanner & iPad.
1. Reset scanner to factory settings
- Press and hold on the two buttons on the scanner for 3-4 seconds until you hear three beeps
- You can print the Barcode below and scan it to reset the Barcode scanner to factory settings
2. Remove the device from your iPad Bluetooth settings
- Open your iPad Settings App (note it's the iPad settings, not Settings within your VestiPOS App)
- Tap Bluetooth
- Tap the 'i' next to the device name
- Tap Forget device
- Reboot your iPad
3. Restart your iPad
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds
- Wait until you see Slide to Power Off appear on your screen
- Swipe the Slide to Power Off slider
- Press the power button again and wait for your device to turn on
4. Setup as new
Then follow the steps at the start of this guide to setup your barcode scanner as new.
5. Still experiencing issues?
If this does not resolve any issues please contact Socket Mobile support team for further assistance: https://support.socketmobile.com/default.asp