[ht_message mstyle="info" title="Static IP Addresses Explained" show_icon="true" id="" class="" style="" ]
An IP address is a unique number which identifies different devices within your network. Think of it like a telephone number for each device. A dynamic IP address means the number assigned to a certain device can change over time whereas a static IP address means this unique number doesn't change.
A dynamic IP address can cause problems when connecting to your printer from the VestiPOS application as we may try to print to an IP address which has changed since it was configured. In order to resolve this, we should set our receipt printers to use static IP addresses.
OverviewDon't worry, whilst the world of IP addresses can sound like part of a technical wilderness, setting a static IP address on your receipt printer can be achieved with a few simple steps.Firstly we must establish the printers current IP address:
Obtaining the receipt printer's current IP addressEnsure the receipt printer is plugged in but powered off, has a roll of paper inserted and is connected to your router or wireless extender using an Ethernet cable.
- Press and hold the Feed button on the front of the printer.
- Switch the power button (located on the side of the printer) to the on position whilst continuing to hold the Feed button.
- Two receipt slips will be printed with diagnostic information on. On the second slip under the section "Current IP Parameters Status" your printer IP address will be displayed next to "IP Address". You can now release the feed button.
- Leave the receipt printer powered on and connected to the same network as your computer.
Setting a static IP address from a Windows computer
- Download and install the StarMicronics FuturePrint software.This can be downloaded from the StarMicronics site at http://www.starmicronics.com/support/
- Click the Windows Start button and navigate StarMicronics > Star TSP100 > Ethernet Setup Tool.
- Click “Search LAN for TSP100LAN”.
- Click “Change TCP/IP Setting”.
- Click “Log on”. The default password is “public”. If the password was changed, enter the latest one.
- a) Select “Use a fixed IP address”.b) Enter the appropriate IP address, Subnet mask, and Default gateway settings. These can be found on the information slip you printed in the 'Obtaining the receipt printer's current IP address' section above.c) Place a check mark next to “Perform self-printing after applying settings”. This will print a self-test confirming the new IP parameters were accepted and stored.d) Click “Apply”.
- The new IP parameters are printed and the above message displays confirming they have been saved. Click “OK”