VestiPOS is optimised to be used with the Star Micronics TSP143LAN receipt printer. The printer should be attached via an Ethernet cable to the router that your iPad wirelessly connects to.
Using your receipt printer with VestiPOS
Once you have setup your printer, you need to configure it within your VestiPOS iPad app. Ensure the receipt printer plugging in but powered off, has a roll of paper inserted and is connected to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Sign on as a staff member with the 'Register Manager' security privilege.
- Tap the 'Quick Pad' icon.
- Tap the 'Printer Setup' button.
- Tap the 'Add Printer' button.
- In the popup dialogue, tap the 'Next' button.
- Enter a name to identify your printer. For example: 'Main Receipt'.
- Tap on the 'Printer' row. The iPad will now discover any printers connected to your network. Once it has discovered your printer, select it and tap the '< Back' button.
- Set the type to 'Receipt'.
- Press the 'Save' button.
- Congratulations, your printer is now configured.
Hospitality customers requiring kitchen or bar printers should read our relevant support article located here.
Connecting your cash drawer
To connect your cash drawer simply plug in the RJ11 cable from your cash drawer into the correct socket on the reverse of the printer.